About our live-in carers
All our carers are carefully assessed as to their skills and aptitude and will provide the domestic help, personal care and complex care that is appropriate to your care needs.
When we employ live-in carers, we look for the following key attributes:
- Caring nature
We employ a broad range of live-in carers, most of whom have a wealth of experience with some having nursing experience and qualifications. All our carers speak fluent English and are able to cook English and other food to a good standard.
All our live-in carers attend an intensive induction programme before they are given a live-in assignment.
All our live-in carers undergo a stringent recruitment process. They are carefully checked, interviewed and assessed. For each live-in carer we:
- Complete an enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check (formerly CRB)
- Seek two written references
- Conduct a formal interview and assessment
- Check the validity of academic and vocational qualifications (as appropriate)
- Check that the carer has correct documentation to allow them to work in the UK etc
Our live-in carers will require breaks and time off during an assignment. These will be discussed with you at the initial meeting.
Each of our live-in carers will require their own bedroom in your home, with adequate fixtures and fittings to enable them to feel comfortable living with you.