Caring about charity
Oxford Private Care is committed to supporting the communities in which it works as well as supporting a nominated wider-known charity. Below are some examples of the recent projects, schemes and good causes Oxford Private Care as a business, and our people as individuals, have been proud to support:
- On 2 July 2009, a group of people representing OPC took part in the C2C challenge – a Coast to Coast bike ride from Whitehaven, Cumbria to Sunderland, Tyne and Wear, approximately 150 miles. The group raised £1820 for the NSPCC. Another £366.67 was raised by sponsored slims and other competitions, making a grand total of £2186.67 for the NSPCC
- During November 2009 a few of our male employees grew moustaches and supported ‘Movember’ in aid of research into prostate cancer. They raised over £180
- We have supported Cumnor Primary School by sponsoring their summer fete and Christmas calendar
- From 2010 – 2013 we supported the Cumnor Players and their annual pantomime production through sponsorship and programme advertising
- We regularly support charity campaigns run in conjuction with The Oxford Mail and Oxford Times, i.e. Research into Breast Cancer
- In March 2015 one of the residents of Shrublands wanted us to take part in the Comic Relief Red Nose Day and so Shrublands held a cake sale raising £175.90 for this worthwhile charity
We have previously chosen to support other charities such as Young Dementia UK (formerly known as the Clive Project). See www.youngdementiauk.org
Oxford Private Care has been supporting Sobell House Hospice since 2014. A number of fundraising activities and events were arranged and we have raised a magnificent £5136.58 so far.
We will continue to support Sobell House Hospice throughout 2016.
Donations to Sobell House Hospice can be made via our Just Giving page: http://www.justgiving.com/Oxford-Private-Care-Oxford-Private-Care