Care Assistant – starting rate £13.25 per hour
The Community Care Assistant role combines personal and domestic care duties to help our clients care for themselves at home and, wherever possible, restore them to complete independence.
Many of our service users are elderly and may have one or more of the following: learning disability, mental health issues, physical disability, sensory impairment, or dementia, including Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s disease etc.
Community Carers need to be able to work in an unsupervised situation and be prepared to give attention to the client’s needs and perform practical tasks.
Working hours are based on a 2-week rota. Full-time employees are required to work alternate weekends and a minimum and some evenings.
Part-time employees are needed for evenings and weekends.
Previous care experience is desirable but not essential, as Oxford Private Care will deliver a comprehensive induction and work shadowing program for all carers who join us.
Rates of Pay (Hourly)
- £13.25 ph weekday
- £15.00 ph weekend
- £19.25 ph bank holidays
Salary or guaranteed hours are also available
Travel expense 45p per mile
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Ability to read, write and speak English in order to communicate effectively
- Good written communication skills for recording information clearly and concisely
- Ability to travel with own transport to and work in a variety of different locations around Oxfordshire
- Able to work alone in a client’s home
- Flexible attitude hours to suit work shifts
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Friendly, positive, and outgoing person
- Caring and reliable
- Punctual and organised